Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Damaged worktop: what to do

On Dec 7, 11:07 pm, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 07/12/2011 22:30 The Other Mike wrote:

Router, set to the thickness of the formica. Remove damaged section.

Glue in patch taken from spare bit of worktop kept for just such
eventuality.

Erm, there is no spare bit of worktop.

Alternatively, rout a bit deeper and over a larger area and fit a
marble insert that doesn't mind hot pans being rested on it.

That, and Colin's stainless steel bars idea, sounds interesting. I had
originally thought of letting a stainless steel panel into the top but
was concerned about heat transfer into the worktop making things worse.

The three options also concern me when it comes to sealing them against
water sloshing around on them. Management likes to get things wet when
she's cleaning...

a friend has self -dhesive bars a la :-

http://www.selffit-worktops.co.uk/pr...an-Stands.html

(first one I googled)