Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

In message , Andy
Burns writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

So I'll try again - name one car made this century with a dizzy?

dunno how new this is, but this definetely has four HT leads coming from
SOMETHING

http://www.free-extras.com/images/fo...ngine-6210.htm

Just a coilpack I think, seems it has the 4 plug leads, a 3 wire
control connection but no mechanical input, base seems potted in resin.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...yHgQf4r2M6xve_
5dBpb2TOSrihKm6j9VSrlQ

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...gKENHV3R3UhU43
Qo-Ru_E9_rGH8qeoChnEaw

IIRC without going to look in the cold and dark, our 2000 Mondeo has
something like that. Certainly no moving parts. It seems just a coil
basically, the timing is all controlled by the ECU.
--
Chris French