Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:03:53 -0800 (PST)
"js.b1" wrote:

On Dec 6, 5:34Â*pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
One automotive engineer, not mechanic, said the best thing is use
the likes of Mobil 1 oil and a high quality oil filter that grabs
particals of smaller

snip

Well worth checking the various car forums for the "known faults &
problem areas"; can save a fair amount re contingency, pre-emptive &
avoidance.

I most definitely agree with that last statement. I bought a used
Renault, and the Renault Forum is a great source of help and advice
that you don't get from a manual, from folks who have already 'been
there and done that'.
--
Davey.