Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic[_4_] azotic[_4_] is offline

Default How to properly scrap a machine

"Ignoramus12217" wrote in message

On 2011-12-05, azotic wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 21:30:33 -0600, Ignoramus20484
wrote:

I have a Cincinnati #$2 tool and cutter grinder

http://goo.gl/cktGy

The table seems to be stuck and is moving with difficulty. Since they
are worth (on eBay) a third over their scrap value anyway, I have no
interest in fixing it.

Seems to be "stuck"

Now thats an interesting admission/comment from both a machinist and a
new machinery seller.

Why not simply knock out the gib..and find out what the **** is wrong
with it?

Blink blink...are you going to sell machinery..or be a scrapper?

Well maybe the rapid traverse and the fine feed are both engaged
which would make it seem that the table is hard to move or stuck.
That condition was possible on the #2 i once owned.

Just as a side note i believe the motor on a #2 is specialy
balanced, might make it valuable maybe not.

Best Regards
Tom.

Azotic, you almost get the prize, your answer was the closest. There
is a hard to find table lock under the table, which was partially
engaged. The machine is fine.

Sounds like its ready for ebay.

Best Regards
Tom.