Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Vee thread based worm wheel, the pics

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 09:08:07 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 12/6/2011 7:50 AM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Losing the red? IIRC, that happens to Ektachrome(?)

Could be, I'm not an expert on vintage slide film by any means.
Overwhelming majority of the shots are outdoors and show a deep blue sky
that strongly suggests polarizing filter. But even the indoor shots have
a bluish tint. Don't know just how far I can go in trying to restore
natural color, I'm a noob with RAW files, LR3 and CS4. I know I can do a
fair bit just with JPG's, but RAW should give even more control.

Jon

Ektachrome colorr shifts start with the yellow layer fading, then the
cyan, then the magenta. You're probably seeing yellow-layer loss.

Don't project them before you copy them; it would make them worse.
With Photoshop or equivalent (I use Gimp these days, although I spent
20 years with Photoshop), you may be able to restore the balance if
the yellow layer isn't nearly gone. If it is, you'll have to live with
whatever resorative shifts you can get.

--
Ed Huntress