Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Is this compressor worth anything?

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 00:51:27 -0600, Tim Wescott wrote:

More accurately: would it be worth anything if it's not broken, worn
out, or otherwise trashed, and how likely is it to have problems that
won't show up immediately?

Nameplate says "Emerson". I'd be using it mostly for filling tires and
painting model airplanes.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/tls/2700954509.html

Update:

When I bought it I made sure that it got plugged in and came up to
pressure. What I _didn't_ do was bleed off some air and make sure it
started again -- which it doesn't. It tries, but the thing don't turn.
I thought "this thing needs a blow-down". Then I heard the slow leak
from the compressor head, deduced the existence of a check valve, and
found the check valve. Presumably it just needs to be 're-checked'.

Oh well.

http://www.wescottdesign.com