Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Cleaning carbon off non stick pans

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
O.K. it shouldn't be there.

Google hasn't given me much help.

I am trying the soaking in a biological washing liquid, but this doesn't
seem to be shifting it very much.

Has anyone a good method of cleaning accumulated carbon off non-stick
frying pans to restore the non-stickability or at least reduce the
stickability?

If it was a normal pan I'd just replace it, but it is an electric frying
pan so the replacement cost is much higher.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I think I am stuck (!) with some carbon on there.
I cooked it several times with a solution of bio washing liquid (for washing
clothes) and this, combined with a nylon scrub, seemed to shift some but it
would probably take a week to shift it all and would also remove the
non-stick.

Perhaps a few sauces which are heavy on the tomato might help.
Red hot chili?

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]