Posted to uk.d-i-y
thirty-six thirty-six is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On Dec 6, 2:48*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
* *Neil Williams wrote:

Some Vauxhall petrol engines are 2 years, 20000 miles. *So I wouldn't
put it out of the realms of possibility for there to be a few vehicles
like that with modern engines and oils. *Though changing more often
than that will probably do the engine good.

I'm not convinced it does. Most engines outlast the car anyway these days
- unless they suffer a failure like a broken cambelt or cooling system,
neither of which will be prevented by frequent oil changes.

With two or three years between servicing, it's likely to be more
prevalent.