Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

In article
,
Neil Williams wrote:
Some Vauxhall petrol engines are 2 years, 20000 miles. So I wouldn't
put it out of the realms of possibility for there to be a few vehicles
like that with modern engines and oils. Though changing more often
than that will probably do the engine good.

I'm not convinced it does. Most engines outlast the car anyway these days
- unless they suffer a failure like a broken cambelt or cooling system,
neither of which will be prevented by frequent oil changes.

--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.