Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil Williams[_2_] Neil Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On Dec 5, 11:25*pm, Huge wrote:

I am sure my 54 reg van has the oil change at around 30000 miles.

Bloody hell - did you hit the zero too many times?

Some Vauxhall petrol engines are 2 years, 20000 miles. So I wouldn't
put it out of the realms of possibility for there to be a few vehicles
like that with modern engines and oils. Though changing more often
than that will probably do the engine good.

I think my Vectra (1.8 VVT petrol) is 1 year, 20000 miles, but as I do
less than 6K a year it's just annual anyway.

Neil