Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Table Saw Safety & The CPSC

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 18:27:12 -0800, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

"CW" wrote in message
news:WZadnZ91Mtd2vkHTnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@earthlink. com...

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
b.com...

As some one who has had two major incidents where my brakes did fail, I
can
relate. I obsessively look for the emergency brake in each vehicle I
drive.
You'd like my Ranger. To apply the E-brake, you have to stick your left
knee in your ear to get your foot high enough.

I resemble that! Got in it one time after my wife had driven it and the
damn
e-brake was on. Took a while to figure what was wrong as it never occurred
to me that somebody could set the damn thing.

'Tis a foolish person who does not know the operation of and USES the
emergency brake on a daily basis.

On the Ranger, it is useless for most purposes. See sticking knee in ear ...