Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to properly scrap a machine

On Dec 5, 12:20*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 21:30:33 -0600, Ignoramus20484

wrote:
I have a Cincinnati #$2 tool and cutter grinder

*http://goo.gl/cktGy

The table seems to be stuck and is moving with difficulty. Since they
are worth (on eBay) a third over their scrap value anyway, I have no
interest in fixing it.

Seems to be "stuck"

Now thats an interesting admission/comment *from both a machinist and a
new machinery seller.

Why not simply knock out the gib..and find out what the **** is wrong
with it?

Blink blink...are you going to sell machinery..or be a scrapper?

Instead, I want to take off all handles, reversing switch, other
electricals etc and scrap the machine itself. I wonder if there is
something else that I should do to get top dollar per pound on this
machine? Do scrap yards penalize me for, say, leaving the motor on the
machine, as contamination?

Or should I not bother and just drive the machine over there after
taking off what I need?

Clueless in scrap

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Gunner Asch

LOL...an interesting comment from someone who is jealous of Ig being
successful in his ventures while you wallow in Taft, Ca posting
conservative crap on Usenet.

Got those creditors paid off yet Gummer?

If you are actually willing to work, maybe Ig will give you a job
cleaning machines.

TMT