Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Block wall questions

I'm getting ready to lay some blocks. Probably a lot of them, and quite a
few mixers full of cement. Some low decorative walls, walkways, pavers,
bricks, etc.

For block laying, should I buy a quantity of sand, lime, Portland, etc.? Or
should I just go with the premixed bags at the borg? There may be a slight
storage problem of unused materials from batch to batch.

Other questions:

Is premixed concrete with aggregate best for first coursing? How about cell
filling for grouting final wall?

What should I use for a stucco covering on it? Is that the same mortar mix,
or a special stucco mix?

What outdoor temps should block be laid at? And will it matter if the night
time temperature is below freezing? Down to about 20 deg. F.

I don't think there will be many complicated things about doing the type,
quality, or amount of block work I want to do. But suggestions are
welcomed.

Steve