Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stationsin residential property

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 06:03:40 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 00:00:04 -1000, dsi1 wrote:

On 12/3/2011 4:02 AM, worker bee wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 23:35:44 +1300, bugalugs wrote:
Why can't you fill your car at the gas station like everybody else???.

Other than the unexpected inspector visits, it's just so very much easier
to fill up once every two months at the filling station.

Not having to go to the gas station ever again is one of the great
appeals of all-electric cars. These days, going to the gas station is a
big drag.

I hate filling my own tank, especially in the winter. I don't know
which is worse though. If I had a stupid Volt, I'd have to plug it in
every night, then plug it in every day at work. So, it is easier to
fill with gas once a week or plug and unplug 10 to 12 times a week?

How about hanging up your key ring, or putting it in your pocket?
Pain in the ass, ain't it?
You don't have to plug your Volt in at work.
If your work round trip is beyond the the Volt range, you have choices
without plugging in at work.
1. Don't buy a Volt.
2. Let the IC engine kick in for part of the trip.

--Vic