Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Handles

They must be still made as I saw one on a brand new portable drill box only
the other day. it was indeed fitted with two screws.
Anyone looked at screwfix or cpc? They are the sort of outfit that might
have them.
Brian

Email:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Frank Erskine wrote:

What do they call the type of handles that were fitted to, for
example, old Dansette record players and the like?
If you remember they consisted of a strip of spring steel, covered
with leather or rexine, with longitudinal slots at either end, and
there was a metal cap which was fastened on by a screw which went
through the slots.

Moreover, does anyone know of a source of these? I only need one, to
fit on fixing centres of about 6¼".

Strap Handle

http://www.maplin.co.uk/strap-handle-33254

Perhaps more elegant ones exist?