Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Handles

On 05/12/2011 18:50, Andy Burns wrote:
Frank Erskine wrote:

What do they call the type of handles that were fitted to, for
example, old Dansette record players and the like?
If you remember they consisted of a strip of spring steel, covered
with leather or rexine, with longitudinal slots at either end, and
there was a metal cap which was fastened on by a screw which went
through the slots.

Moreover, does anyone know of a source of these? I only need one, to
fit on fixing centres of about 6¼".

Strap Handle

http://www.maplin.co.uk/strap-handle-33254

Perhaps more elegant ones exist?

Anyone got a link for "toolbox" handles? The rigid U shape pivoted to a
pair of flanges? I can find a saddler who does briefcase handles costing
an arm and a leg.