Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default wireless car chargers [was Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stationsin residential property]

dsi1 wrote:

On Dec 5, 1:03*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

-snip-

I hate filling my own tank, especially in the winter. *I don't know
which is worse though. *If I had a stupid Volt, I'd have to plug it in
every night, then plug it in every day at work. *So, it is easier to
fill with gas once a week or plug and unplug 10 to 12 times a week?

How about we just use induction charging. You just park over the pad
and you get out of the car and do nothing. Would that work? ??

Do you mean 'Will it work?" -- or 'will it work for Ed?'?

I just saw this this morning on ZDNet-
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/green/6-hi...s-rivers;item0
http://preview.tinyurl.com/csep5q2

Commercial tests of a couple different systems will start in 2012.

So apparently it *will* work. It would work for me. Can't speak for
Ed.

Jim