Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nakamichi DVD-15

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:57:33 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

Having some playback quality issues with this 5 disc changer. I use it
almost exclusively for music CDs but rent an occasional DVD also.

I would like to clean the laser lens but don't want to screw anything up
trying to get at it. Is this something that is normally detailed in a
service manual? If so, where to find manual? If not, any words of advice
on accessing the lens?

TIA,
Smitty

I had to clean the lens in my car CD player. The lens is mounted in a
tiny coil assembly that is in turn suspended by very thin spring
wires. So be very gentle and careful when cleaning. I used cleaning
solution made for camera lenses. There was a lot of dirt on the Q tip
cotton swabs I used to clean the lens. I suspect this was because I
drive on dirt roads a lot.
Eric