Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default multiboot XP and W7

On 12/5/2011 10:28 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I've got software that don't run on W7...

So, I'm trying to add multiboot W7 and XP on this box. Its already got
W7 installed. I made another disk partition. But W7 Is protecting me
from installing from within the OS. So, I just made a bootable XP
install CD. Same story. XP install disk runs a while then I get a
message from W7 about a virus and it shuts me down.

I guess my next step is to buy a new hard drive, now this is starting
to cost a few bucks. Will it work to install XP to a black hard drive,
then install W7?

Have I missed a better route?

Karl

W7 Pro or Ultimate have XP mode available...but not your Home Premium.
You could download Virtual PC or VMWare but for what you want to do I would:

remove your W7 drive
install an old, small hd
install XP
reinstall your W7 drive and chose which drive to boot from from BIOS