Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to properly scrap a machine

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 21:30:33 -0600, Ignoramus20484
wrote:

I have a Cincinnati #$2 tool and cutter grinder

http://goo.gl/cktGy

The table seems to be stuck and is moving with difficulty. Since they
are worth (on eBay) a third over their scrap value anyway, I have no
interest in fixing it.

Seems to be "stuck"

Now thats an interesting admission/comment from both a machinist and a
new machinery seller.

Why not simply knock out the gib..and find out what the **** is wrong
with it?

Blink blink...are you going to sell machinery..or be a scrapper?

Instead, I want to take off all handles, reversing switch, other
electricals etc and scrap the machine itself. I wonder if there is
something else that I should do to get top dollar per pound on this
machine? Do scrap yards penalize me for, say, leaving the motor on the
machine, as contamination?

Or should I not bother and just drive the machine over there after
taking off what I need?

Clueless in scrap

Gunner Asch