Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bandsaw for sale

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 20:17:52 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"

m...
On 2011-12-04, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 09:16:07 -0600, Ignoramus20484
wrote:

OK, I have a dumb question. When is a vertical bandsaw like that
Powermatic, better than a horizontal?

When cutting detailed work pieces. A horizontal is strictly for cutting
to length. Making long pieces..or bundles of long pieces..into shorter
pieces.

A vertical is used for cutting out parts in plate and ones and twos of
shortening.

You didnt know this????????

Blink blink...blink?

I honestly did not know. Now that I do know, I am sure that I only
need a horizontal. Might even sell my chop saw.

I keep an abrasive wheel in the chop saw for hardened steel much better than
ruining a bandsaw blade.

Yes indeed. They work great on hardened steel. Now..will your chop saw
cut a piece of 8" diameter work? Will it cut out a jigsaw puzzle? Will
it cut wood? Will it cut complex curves and features..and will it cut
out holes in plate as small as 3/4" in diameter?

My vertical bandsaw will do all the above.

Gunner

Gunner Asch