Alan Holmes

Default Inches or Metric?

"Chris Hodges" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:
In message
parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com wrote:

Stephen wrote:

I'll have a pint of err, 550 ML of bitter please, doesn't sound right.

But a litre sounds just fine. Think how much more drinking time you'd
have due to less trips to the bar if beer went metric (spirit measures
already are)?

Of course but being a slow drinker the beer would be flat by the time
I'd finished it

In my local there is yard of ale glass hanging on the wall and the
landlord has put a sign under it which reads:

"Due to EU regulations, the 'yard of ale' is now the '0.9144 metre of
ale'. Price: £2/foot"

You mean £2 per 30.5cm, LOL

Just came back from a local walk and while we were out popped into a pub
(as you do) and asked for two glasses of coke and a pint of mild,
"Don't do mild said pub Landlord", Err OK I'll have a bottle of brown
instead which hardly filled the small glass he gave me,
"That will be three pounds 95 pence please Sir said Landlord",

Blimey nearly four quid for two cokes and a small bottle of brown,
I don't know what liquid volume the glasses are but shudder to think
what that simple order would cost by the litre

It's probably the coke. The pub I'm going to later on charges £2.22
(usually) for a pint of lemonade, £1.80 and up for beer. The lemonade
costs them under 10p/pint.

The pub I use sells lemonade at £1 per pint!

Alan