Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Looking for: Vee thread based worm wheel. Done Deal....

On 12/3/2011 8:00 PM, wrote:

I am probably a bit sensitive because I knew it was not what you
really wanted, but posted it anyway.

Well, I apologize to you and to all. When folks are trying to be
helpful, I should just quietly ignore suggestions not relevant to the
task at hand.

But it all became moot as of this morning. I'd decided to go with a
small THK linear rail setup for my actual focusing setup as I wasn't
seeing any microscope focusing blocks on ebay with the dual course/fine
feed knobs, at a price I could afford. Gross overkill, but easy to
modify to the task. But still had the searches running. This morning,
found one just listed for $27. Needless to say, I bagged it on the spot
Then, went to see what else the guy had, and there was the post mount
focusing block I've been looking for for the past 6 weeks, $15. Goes
without saying, I bagged that as well!

So I'll have to find some other application for my
worm-screw/pinion-rack idea...

Jon