Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20484 Ignoramus20484 is offline

Default Bandsaw for sale

On 2011-12-04, dpb wrote:
On 12/4/2011 9:16 AM, Ignoramus20484 wrote:
OK, I have a dumb question. When is a vertical bandsaw like that
Powermatic, better than a horizontal?

This is a wood-cutting bandsaw, not metal (altho some have dual-speed
setup, don't know this particular model well enough to know otomh
whether is or not).

Larger saws such as this are quite frequently used for resawing or
making solid veneers or turners use them for laying out large bowl
blanks and the like.

Also, of course, they have the advantage over the TS or RAS of being
able to cut curves for pieces such as chair legs, etc., etc., ...

All in all, very useful devices to move the material rather than the
saw. I'd seriously consider it to upgrade the small one here if were
closer; it is good value at the price.

--

Thanks. I was thinking about cutting metal, not wood.