Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Fierce brake on bike

On Dec 3, 9:44*pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message , DerbyBoy
writesGrandson's bike has a rather fierce front brake which tends to throw
him over the handlebars when he uses it. How can I tame it?

Somewhere at the back of my mind, I seem to recall that you used to be
able to get brake blocks in different hardnesses of rubber. [So far, no
one has mentioned this, so I could be imagining things.] However, if I'm
right, the harder rubber will give less effective (softer) braking, and
vice versa.

I remember leather blocks. They could lock solid in certain
conditions. Ah the things you forget that seemed so important in times
past.

It's odd as you grow older different things seem just as important to
take the place of more immature pastimes.

How I wish we had had a list of what these things would turn out to be
as we aged.