Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline fillingstationsinresidential property

On Dec 3, 11:47*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 09:30:36 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

There's only 2 reasons why someone might want to maintain a small store
of gas in his backyard:

1) It's a long way to the gas station, and you're going to burn a lot of
gas going there just to get your gas. *So get as much as you can in one
trip and bring it all home for re-distribution.

2) You want to save a few bucks by buying gas when the price is low.
It's just that you want to buy a LOT of gas when the price is low -
enough to last you a month.

How about:
3) He has a lot of off road vehicles to fuel up. *ATV, snowmobile,
tractor, etc.

As for filling up the family sedan, I hate pumping gas once so I'll be
damned if I'm going to do it twice. *We do have a few full service
station in central MA though, lowest prices around too!

Here in CT it is 3.53 if I pump it myself. *Across the border, I can
have it pumped for me and pay 3.31.

OK, that brings up reason 4). *He buys a large quantity when traveling
to another state with cheaper gas and saves $25 a load.

Transporting fuel of any quantity not contained in your vehicle's
factory designed fuel tank across state lines requires a federal
license to do so -- case else you are committing tax fraud on the
state of your residence by evading the gasoline tax on fuel you
clearly
intend to use within your state that you purchased in another and
making a federal offense out of it by crossing a state line...