Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_] Brent[_4_] is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property

On 2011-12-03, wrote:

You also don't say exactly how close the neighbor's house is to
where you're storing and pumping this gasoline. He sees you
screwing around with at least a 55 gallon drum of gasoline,
filling it, pumping it, etc. He doesn't know exactly how much
you have or what you are doing. He does know that it sure
is strange and I think he had every right to call authorities to
make sure it complies with safety regulations.

I suspect it's a neighbor who thinks everyone should live the same as
everyone else and is using the mechanisms of the government to harass
the OP into conforming.

I also suspect there is more to this story than that you use
the gasoline to fill your personal automobiles. More likely
it's being used for some business, which of course would
be a zoning violation.

I doubt it. The OP would likely know exactly what he had done to anger a
neighbor if he did anything that crossed over the (property) line.

If it's being used for a business... so what? If he's not making noise
or emmitting noxious fumes/oders what difference does it make?