Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
worker bee worker bee is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline fillingstationsin residential property

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:05:17 -0500, Scott Dorsey wrote:
I don't know how long you can get away with... without adding a

stabilizer.

I use up all the Chevron in the drum in about six weeks (give or take a
few weeks either way).

This long-term-gas-storage Chevron web site says California reformulated
mandated gasoline lasts as long as any other gas, even with the corn in
it soaking up all that water.
http://www.chevron.com/products/prod...ety_bulletins/
ltg_storage.aspx

They simply suggest you keep the fuel drum out of the direct sun (mine is
in a loosely covered shed) and to keep the 55 gallon drum as full as you
can to avoid moisture.

Two months is the absolute maximum my gas would stay unused, if that
long, so shelf life just isn't all that big of a problem for me.