Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
worker bee worker bee is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline fillingstationsin residential property

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 08:33:07 -0800, Harry K wrote:
I could beat the system somewhat if I could haul a decent size tank
across the state line. Big difference in fuel taxes over there.

I'm in California so the state lines are hundreds of miles away - but I
could see this system working if you lived in, say, New York or
Pennsylvania, and all you had to do was cross state lines to get cheap
gas.

I suspect the toll bridges might have special regulations though but
there are plenty of non-bridge crossings which could save you a ton.

When we were kids, we used to do that with liquor, taking advantages of
the differences in state laws. (Uuugh, don't remind me of those days!)