Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stationsinresidential property

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 09:30:36 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

There's only 2 reasons why someone might want to maintain a small store
of gas in his backyard:

1) It's a long way to the gas station, and you're going to burn a lot of
gas going there just to get your gas. So get as much as you can in one
trip and bring it all home for re-distribution.

2) You want to save a few bucks by buying gas when the price is low.
It's just that you want to buy a LOT of gas when the price is low -
enough to last you a month.

How about:
3) He has a lot of off road vehicles to fuel up. ATV, snowmobile,
tractor, etc.

As for filling up the family sedan, I hate pumping gas once so I'll be
damned if I'm going to do it twice. We do have a few full service
station in central MA though, lowest prices around too!

Here in CT it is 3.53 if I pump it myself. Across the border, I can
have it pumped for me and pay 3.31.

OK, that brings up reason 4). He buys a large quantity when traveling
to another state with cheaper gas and saves $25 a load.