Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline fillingstationsinresidential property

On Dec 3, 8:16*am, "
wrote:
On Dec 3, 9:30*am, Home Guy wrote:

bugalugs wrote:
Do you handle a lot of gas cans (moving them around) on your
property?

Once a month or so, I fill the 10 5-gallon portable gasoline
containers at a filling station and use them to refill the
55-gallon drum.

Why can't you fill your car at the gas station like everybody
else???.

Yea, I think that's what we're all trying to figure out at this point.

His neighbor was looking for a reason to call the authorities on him,
and didn't have to look far.

There's only 2 reasons why someone might want to maintain a small store
of gas in his backyard:

1) It's a long way to the gas station, and you're going to burn a lot of
gas going there just to get your gas. *So get as much as you can in one
trip and bring it all home for re-distribution.

2) You want to save a few bucks by buying gas when the price is low.
It's just that you want to buy a LOT of gas when the price is low -
enough to last you a month.

I can't see either reason as being lucrative enough to justify the
hassle and the up-front cost in the tanks and pump. *The additional risk
of having a large gas tank on your property is hard to quantify - and
just remember that it becomes more dangerous from an explosion pov the
more empty it gets.

I can think of another reason. *How about he's not buying the gas at
a gas station but stealing it from some jobsite?- Hide quoted text -

Bingo!

Harry K