Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline fillingstationsin residential property

On Dec 3, 7:00*am, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 12/3/2011 3:29 AM, worker bee wrote:

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 19:10:12 -0800, bob haller wrote:
gasoline spoils very fast when it has 10% ethanol

Actually, as far as I can tell, gasoline doesn't spoil all 'that' fast.

I use up the entire 55 gallon drum in just a few weeks, depending on my
driving of course. It generally takes less than two months to use it all
up.

I might understand if you were buying when prices are low and using it
when prices are high. *The whole thing sounds like way too much of a
hassle, more of a hassle than taking the car to the gas station.

Speaking of buying low, I paid $2.99/gallon earlier this week.

My only method of beating the system is to keep all tanks full as
prices are rising and as near empty as practical when they are
dropping = dollar cost averaging.

I could beat the system somewhat if I could haul a decent size tank
across the state line. Big difference in fuel taxes over there.

Harry K