Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline fillingstationsin residential property

worker bee wrote:

NOBODY but nobody can tell me how LONG gasoline REALLY lasts but EVERYONE
I talk to says two months is just fine. I even called Chevron and they
said there is no problem using their reformulated California gas months
after it was dispensed. They said WATER is the main culprit in gasoline
going bad - and they said that as long as you keep water out of the tank,
it should easily last the time I'm using it. They said heat also matters,
but, at outside temperatures, it doesn't matter as much as water does.

I don't know how long you can get away with, but I know that I can store
gas for the mower in September and it's marginal but usable in March.
So I would guess that is about the limit without adding a stabilizer.
--scott