Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
George George is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stationsinresidential property

On 12/3/2011 9:02 AM, worker bee wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 23:35:44 +1300, bugalugs wrote:
Why can't you fill your car at the gas station like everybody else???.

Other than the unexpected inspector visits, it's just so very much easier
to fill up once every two months at the filling station.

It's all about the sheer convenience of gassing up at home.

I would have to agree with you. I never understood the charm of just
being able to pull into a gas station and buy gasoline on demand and let
others deal with transporting and storing it. And even worse there are
three local cash only stations that charge less and pump it for you...

On a different scale, it's the same reason you get water out of the tap,
instead of bringing a bucket to the village well every time you need a
drink.

Not at all, you said you go to a gas station to get a flammable liquid
and put it in containers which you transport home and dump into another
container which you then transfer again. How exactly is that more
convenient than pulling into a gas station and saying "fill it up".