Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default .700 Caliber “Dinosaur Hunting” Rifle.

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:46:58 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 12/2/2011 8:45 PM, lid wrote:

Nice machine shop project in case you need to eliminate any pesky
dinosaurs raiding the trash cans around your area.

Wow. Did you see the other video where he's pushed it up somewhere near
a guesstimated 2000fps? There's a big puff of smoke that looks more like
an artillery piece than a rifle.

When I was a kid, around 1st grade, I drove my dad nuts talking about
how I'd deal with a dinosaur if one ever came into the back yard.
My puny wooden swords of the day would have proven woefully inadequate.
But this baby ought to at least slow them down! lol...

Jon

That's about the same as a H&H .700 Nitro Express -- 1,000 gr. bullet
at 2,000 fps. The rifle weighs 18 pounds. Muzzle energy is 8,900 ft.
lb.

It's strictly for masochists and people trying to work out some kind
of guilt. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress