Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Vee thread based worm wheel, the pics

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:18:04 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Ok, here's a couple quickie shots. It's rude, crude, and ugly.
And it'll do exactly what I want. Therefore in my eyes, it's beautiful!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lWBNnCM3UgXEVXhw-ZsNDZ7fzYmlYFVNVB_Uxv1I2UA?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RmcRcsTBy8uI3-J7aVCtzZ7fzYmlYFVNVB_Uxv1I2UA?feat=directlink

Should have just done it and been done with it. The manufactured version
of what I originally asked about probably would have cost more than I
wanted to spend anyway...

Jon

Very nice, Jon. Man, that gear is tiny, relative to the pitch of the
worm. Your ratio is down around what you would expect to get from
regular bevelled gears.

I'm assuming that you want the binding effect that prevents the gear
from driving the pinion? Or you're looking for more smoothness than
you can get with ordinary-quality bevel gears?

Or what?

--
Ed Huntress