Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stationsin residential property

clipped

Have you ever engaged in these type of neighborly wars? Any good ideas?

Calling code enforcement is a good way to start a neighbor war...gotta
be careful where it goes. I called code once when condo neighbors all
had gasoline cans sitting outside their doors for boats...some never
used their boats, so the gas was probably years old. We had already had
minor thefts and vandalism, so didn't want the vandal critters to be
inspired by having gasoline at hand. One neighbor was gone a lot, so
his son took one of his gas cans and put it inside the condo! The FD
enforced .. very nicely .. using the right kind of can, away from the
structure. The gas cans were stored outside front doors after I called
code enf. to get rid of recycling bins (full of trash) outside front
doors. The recycling bins, prior to my arrival at the condo, replaced
open trash cans that were the dining area for rats. They changed from
open trash cans to (free) dumpster, which helped. Another neighbor had
called code enf. about attic rats - there had been very heavy
infestation - and the code guy found only "dust balls in the AC duct";
had he checked the attic, he's have found lots of rat sign. After one
elderly neighbor passed away, I helped organize the estate sale in his
condo unit..great big rat trap on his closet shelf. These are not poor
folks we're talking about...