Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Motor Oil? Really?

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 06:23:06 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
wrote:

In rec.crafts.metalworking, Jon Elson wrote:
I dutifully changed the oil in my Sheldon R15-6, which has a HUGE
D1-6 spindle. The chuck-end bearings are quite large, maybe
5-6" diameter ball bearings.

I'm trying to imagine something that needs ball bearings that are
five to six inches in diameter.

Elijah
------
guessing HUGE would cover it

Any lathe over 12" throw is a start.

Wait till you swap out bearings in a Okuma LN6

28" diameter..ID

Gunner

Gunner Asch