Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

On Dec 3, 6:47*am, "Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money " wrote:
harry wrote:
On Dec 2, 7:13 pm, "Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money " wrote:
harry wrote:

Garden machinery, transport, advertising, fuel, maintentance, bad
weather, insurance etc?
You'd never make an accountant I can see.
* *But but but, *It's all tax free, *isn't it?

The point was it is not clear profit, there are significant overheads.

Earning money attracts tax.
Saving money does not.

* Actually I did contract yard work one summer, *for a property
management company. * I had all the stuff already to do the work.
* I did it as much just to get out of the house after retirement as
anything. *Most of the properties were rent houses and the yards were
pitiful. *Tall grass usually over a foot with junk and debris to clear,
* holes from dogs digging, trees that needed trimming, and saplings that
had grown through the fence. *I was as efficient as anyone business wise
but there wasn't much profit, *and the taxes took care of a lot of what
extra money there was. *To do it all legal you had to have a labor dept..
work card and company sent a 1099 to the IRS and there was alway the
liability of something, like a rock going through the neighbor's window.
* *Unless it's a small well kept yard and there are several lined up in
close proximity there isn't going to be much profit doing yard work.
And I also had to listen to the neighbors complain about the
renters..... *actually that was why I chose not to do it again the next
year, *the neighbors of the rent houses. * I did the yard work to rent
house standards, not to old ladies next doors. *They had to much time on
her hands standards.

Well there yah go:-)
It's easy to lose money by wrong assessment of labour required.
And the f***g beaurocrats are always there with there hands in your
pocket.