Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Fierce brake on bike

On 02/12/2011 02:08, Clive George wrote:

If you want to stop a normal bike (non-motor) in a hurry, the back brake
does nothing if you're doing it right. Unless you're really good in
which case you can use it to tell you when the bike is at tipping point.

My experience is that braking is almost all front brake, except in a
corner where I'll use a little more rear because I'd rather handle a
rear wheel skid than a front wheel one, and because there's less weight
transfer.

My motorbike had the brake light wired to the pedal, and that was its
main use.

Andy