Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

HeyBub wrote the following:
harry wrote:
Best post yet heybub. I take it you are fromTexas?

Yep. For many generations. I had a great-grandfather who fought on the
Confederate side during the recent unplesantness.

That's not to say I'm parochial; I've been all over the world and parts of
south Georgia. I'm continually surprised at local customs:
* In Milwaukee, the serve beer chasers with cocktails
* In New York, distance is measured in minutes of travel at a fast walk
("It's three minutes that way").

Ummm, that would be in New York City. In the rest of NY State it is
measured in miles or by some physical item.
"You go down this road until you come to Bob Jones' house, turn left
there and go until you come to a pole with a big transformer on the
pole. It's across the street from it".

* Hamburgers are served in the UK, but they're made of lamb and have
cucumbers instead of tomato.

And others are somewhat surprised at Texas facts:
* El Paso is closer to California than it is to Houston.
* Houston is closer to Florida than it is to El Paso.
* At 700,000 sq km, Texas is 5 times larger than England, and a bit larger
than France.
* I live in the largest city in the nation (maybe the world) with no zoning.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY