Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Fierce brake on bike

On 02/12/2011 14:44, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:25:34 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:
When I were a lad, I hardly ever used the front brake - for this very
reason.

Yes, me too, and old habits die hard - which isn't good when you hop on a
cycle in the US for the first time in years and quickly learn that they
swap over the brake levers on the handlebars as compared to the UK. I
probably flew about 20 feet. :-)

cheers

Jules

As per motorcycle, front brake for slowing down and then transfer to
back for last few mph for stopping, google motorcycle braking
techniques. Progressive braking.

Excessive use of the back brake will cause skidding.