Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

On Dec 2, 12:15*am, BobR wrote:
On Dec 1, 5:14*pm, Vic Smith wrote:

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:10:54 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Dec 1, 4:35*pm, BobR wrote:
On Dec 1, 1:13*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I pay myself the $35 that I would have paid to someone else for 30
minutes work. *The last time I used the calculator that came to $70
per hour of work. *I never said that was my only income just that I
was making $70 an hour for doing my yard. *What I still haven't
figured out is why the yard crew that used to do my yard took almost
45 minutes to do the job with two people.

As for not making one red cent....A penny saved is a penny earned.- Hide quoted text -

Your total net worth just before cleaning your yard was $X.

Too easy.
Start with $100 net worth.
Credit $35 to expense account for mowing.
Debit net worth account $35.
Net worth now $65.
Decide to spend 30 minutes doing the yard, or pay $35.

What was your total net worth after you spent the 30 minutes cleaning
the yard?

Have a glass of iced tea, then debit $35 in the expense account.
Credit net worth account $35
Mark in transaction memo "Mowing My Own Grass Earnings - non-taxable."
Net worth now $100.

If your net worth did not increase after cleaning your yard, you
didn't earn one red cent.

If your net worth did indeed increased by $35 after cleaning the yard,
please tell us where the money came from. There has to be a debit
someplace to offset the credit, unless you printed the money yourself.

Most peoples don't mess with the accounting.
They just know they got $35 richer and 1/2 hour poorer by doing the
job themselves.
And the $35 is real in the pocket money.

--Vic

When you consider that the grass is mowed and trimmed about 30+ times
per year that $35 becomes $1050 of real pocket money.- Hide quoted text -

But you neglected the purchase and wear and tear on your mower etc ;-)
However, it is a healthy pursuit.