Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:23:36 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

There a big difference between not spending money and earning it. One
of them increases your net worth, the other one keeps it the same.
I'll let you figure out which one is which.

Uh, no.
One common definition of earnings is income minus expenses.
It's pretty obvious that reducing expenses increases earnings.
That's what BobR did.
You're just stuck on your definition of pay check earnings.
And I showed you the book keeping entries to prove it.
Here's what you should do
Take a booked expense and cut it out.
Let's say a cable bill of $100 a month.
All else being equal after a year your net worth will increase $1200.
Now you might not want to call that earnings, but that's the effect.
When you mow the lawn and sweat a bit to increase your net worth,
nothing wrong with calling that an earning.
Especially when it had been an established expense.
It just doesn't matter that it rubs you wrong.

--Vic