Posted to alt.home.repair
IGot2P IGot2P is offline

Default Somewhat OT....x10 system

On 12/1/2011 4:27 PM, Justin Time wrote:
Though, not a true home repair issue, it is a home issue nonetheless.

Does anyone have any experience with X10 security system and devices? I want
to install some wireless cams with motion activation and Internet viewing
and eventually build up the system to lighting control and other appliance
controls. Therefore, I'm searching for a reliable and lower cost
retailer/supplier of X10 devices and basically, any general info I should
know about.

All advice and suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

First of all, I DON'T use X10 for anything. In fact, I have a box of X10
cameras, etc. around here somewhere that I purchased and was very
disappointed with thus if I find them they will find their way to e-bay.

On the other hand, I do have several wireless cams that I can view on
the Internet. They are always on and always viewable but when they see
motion they send me and e-mail and/or upload the image via FTP to one of
my domains. These are simply $60 cameras that are available at Tiger
Direct, NewEgg, e-bay, and many other places.

In short, although you might need X10 for lighting and appliance control
you certainly don't need it for simple motion activated wireless cams.

Don