Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

On Dec 1, 1:43*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

Best post yet heybub. I take it you are fromTexas?

Yep. For many generations. I had a great-grandfather who fought on the
Confederate side during the recent unplesantness.

That's not to say I'm parochial; I've been all over the world and parts of
south Georgia. I'm continually surprised at local customs:
* In Milwaukee, the serve beer chasers with cocktails
* In New York, distance is measured in minutes of travel at a fast walk
("It's three minutes that way").
* Hamburgers are served in the UK, but they're made of lamb and have
cucumbers instead of tomato.

And others are somewhat surprised at Texas facts:
* El Paso is closer to California than it is to Houston.
* Houston is closer to Florida than it is to El Paso.
* At 700,000 sq km, Texas is 5 times larger than England, and a bit larger
than France.
* I live in the largest city in the nation (maybe the world) with no zoning.

Another one. That car/automobile is too big/powerful.