Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT Family Argument

In article , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@blue
yonder.co.uk scribeth thus
wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:23:34 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Now my Mum, my girlfriend and my brother want me to ask for money
for the car as I have recently paid for repairs. It was a pair of
shock absorbers at £150 (and brings the total I have spent on
repairs in 5 years to about £230)

shrug
That's just part of the total cost of ownership. Would they expect you
to ask for the petrol you've put in over the years, too?

You've done your bit, and if the grandkid now can't afford to take it
on, you're free to flog or scrap it if no-one else in the family wants
it.

I'm keeping it. The Polo I looked at buying was a write off repaired car
(the seller did not mention that even when I asked him).

And the old car has never failed an MOT. I was just wanting something with
aircon and possibly better MPG and cheaper insurance. The car is virtually
rust free (a small blob on the bonnet and the back wheel arch) and runs very
well. It's only done 60K.

BTW my Dad (it was his Dad's car) argreed with me. It should be given away
for free with good grace and I should follow Grandad's intentions even if
the instuctions were not that clear.

I have decided that when I do get rid of it to just smash it into a wall
before selling it to a scrapyard.

BTW what make and model is the said motah?...

--
Tony Sayer