Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Very low power dynamo (alternator actually).

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:43:20 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Artemus" wrote in message

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:50:15 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
message ...
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:50:39 -0800, Fred Abse
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:28:17 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

Alternators like this are often designed with a lot of internal
series
inductance. As speed increases, open-circuit terminal voltage
increases, but the series inductance impedance increases too,
tending
to make them constant-current sources, ideal for driving light bulbs
at sorta constant brightness at various speeds.

What I was going to say.

I think there is an ancient patent somewhere about just that.

Well! Alternators _are_ current sources, but not for the reason
Larkin claims... no surprise ;-)

...Jim Thompson

That's all we need - the schoolyard bully just turned up!

And, as usual, he offers no actual information.

John

Jim makes you think.

He might make you think (I shudder to think what about!!!),

---
You should shudder, since you seem to have so little technical acumen
and he isn't afraid to point you out as the village idiot.
---

but when he's
not posting his inane political rants, the thing I see him doing most is
hurling insults at people he doesn't agree with - he was straight on the
attack (totally unprovoked) at JL and didn't take long to follow up by
calling me a village idiot.

---
Why should it, when it certainly doesn't take long to state the
obvious?
---

He fits the profile of a troll perfectly - every time I post a question he
turns it into a flame war and prevents me getting any answers.

---
Please...

You're just not important enough to be flamed for honest questions you
ask and, as far as I can tell, you aren't.

What you _do_ get flamed for is being an arrogant little prig.
---

You soon get to know who people are - birds of a feather stick together.

---
It's: "Birds of a feather flock together."

Birds which stick together don't need to be "of a feather", they just
need to land in an oil slick.

--
JF