Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peabody[_2_] Peabody[_2_] is offline

Default QAM tuner?

Well this is not about repair, but I don't know where else to ask
it, and someone here will know.

I still have an old CRT TV, which works fine, and I subscribe to
Cox cable. Recently Cox has converted some of the analog channels
to unscrambled digital, so they are available on anything that has
a QAM tuner without having to rent a cable box. And there are a
few other channels like that - National Geographic, for instance.

So I need to find an inexpensive stand-alone QAM tuner, or some
inexpensive device that includes a QAM tuner, so I can get these
channels without paying for another tier or service. Of course
eventually I'll upgrade to an LCD TV with a built-in QAM tuner, but
I'm just not ready to do that yet.

I have a converter box from when the analog to digital switch
happened for over-the-air broadcast TV, but it only has an ATSC
tuner, not QAM.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.