Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Good *electric* chain saw for (largish) fallen branches -- $100?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:40:17 -0500, micky
wrote:

I have two electric chain saws, one from a yard sale. It was sparking
when I bought it. And another a gift from my ministorage friend.
They're 12 inches or so.

A snow storm brought one trunk of a tree down on my fence gate 2 years
ago. Without the saw, I would have been stuck in the house and had
to calal someone, and no one I know would know how to get me out.

The saw from my friend didn't cut well at first. Had to look closely
but the chain was put on backwards!!!!

I think the oil reservoir leaks on one, and the other might not even
have one. I end up using aerosol chain oil, from HFbut iirc not
especially cheap there, and so far no overheating.

And I've also used it several other times to cut up trees or limbs
that have fallen down or broken, and once for my ministorage friend.